In order to apply for positions, we have procedures and documents that must be completed. Please see the downloads page for access to the documents. In order to download the files, you must be a registered user. If you are registered, you can log in here. If you are not yet registered, you can send us a note here to request access.
Basic requirements for most positions:
- Four year degree completed (bachelor’s degree diploma)
- Native English speaker
- Teaching experience and/or certification
- Valid passport
- Register, log in and download the candidate intake form, candidate questionnaire and reference form (three professional references from current or former supervisors).
- Make a video of yourself (audio if video not available), no more than 2 minutes, make sure the file is either light or send a URL (load it to YouTube, for example and send the link) telling us about yourself, your teaching background, etc. This video should show at least your upper body. We will be looking for pitch, tone, confidence, demeanor, the ability to explain yourself clearly, among other factors. The video will be presented to schools to strengthen your application.
- Scan a copy of your passport, make sure this file is also light in weight
- Complete the candidate intake form and questionnaire and return to recruiter @ teachingjobsmexico.com along with your résumé in .doc or .rtf format (not .docx). Include a full-length, recent photo in professional attire.
- Include a cover letter outlining your education experience and studies as well as your interest in working in Mexico, any special requests (remember, to facilitate placement, the more flexible, the better) or additional information. The cover letter may be in the body of the email or attached.
- In the body of the email at the bottom, include 5 to 10 keywords, separated by commas, that describe your background, teaching grade level, etc.
- Be sure to let us know if you have an existing work authorization in Mexico and also indicate the citizenship of the passport you will be traveling under.
- Send all documents, including the URL to your brief video, and the copy of your passport, in one application email with the subject “Application for teaching positions”.
A couple of notes about résumés:
- Make sure the résumé and all your documents have your name in the filename (not Resume.doc) and are in English in .doc format.
- Be sure you state your citizenship(s) and language levels on your résumé, even if it may seem perfectly obvious, use the following to refer to your language levels: Native speaker, fluent, advanced, intermediate, basic
- If your background includes non-teaching related experience, simply summarize that in one paragraph, do not list all previous jobs as schools will likely only look at your teaching-related experience
You are welcome to check back with us from time to time. Due to the volume of applications, we typically only contact candidates once a school is ready to make an offer of employment. Our email address is recruiter @ teachingjobsmexico.com